Overview of the LMISC
Funded by the Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (KAKENHI) (Grant-in-Aid for Exploratory Research) in 2011, the research project “Legal Medicine Information System using Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC) enables personal and central electric search on autopsy data base” was conducted at the UMIN Center. This project involved the development of CDISC client software (running on Microsoft Windows PC) for use in local institutions to provide a centralized autopsy report system. This will facilitate a data registry at each local institution, and improve the forensic analysis of unusual deaths and the accuracy of death investigation in Japan.
This system is named the “LMISC”, which stands for “Legal Medicine Information System using CDISC ODM.” Since the LMISC is developed using the UMIN INDICE system, user registration for the UMIN INDICE system is required for use of this system.
This page provides a sample version of LMISC for those who have an UMIN ID, to provide an overview of the purpose and performance of LMISC.
Operating system requirements
- Recommended environment: Microsoft PC running 32-bit version of Windows 7 (may work under Windows 7 64-bit Edition and Windows XP, but may behave differently).
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.5 or newer.
- Microsoft Office 2007 or newer is installed and running.
- The PC is connected to the internet.
- A printer is connected to print the autopsy report and death certificate.
Other requirements and information
- Personal UMIN ID is required.
- SSL communication between the PC installed with this system and the INDICE system at UMIN center should be possible.
- The SAMPLE version and normal version of LMISC cannot be used simultaneously. LMISC SAMPLE version overwrites a part of the normal LMISC. Do not install LMISC SAMPLE version on the PC using the normal LMISC. Please note that you will be unable to send the data to the national anonymous data system of the normal LMISC if you install the LMISC SAMPLE version.
Download the LMISC SAMPLE version and manual
- First-time users should download the installation manual for the LMISC SAMPLE version and read it carefully. Please follow the instructions to download and install the LMISC SAMPLE version.
- Manual is in PDF format.
- Files are compressed.
The SAMPLE version and normal version of LMISC cannot be used simultaneously. LMISC SAMPLE version overwrites a part of the normal LMISC. Do not install LMISC SAMPLE version on the PC using the normal LMISC. Please note that you will be unable to send the data to the national anonymous data system of the normal LMISC if you install the LMISC SAMPLE version.